Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Get Pumped


          When it comes to going to the gym for most men, everyone wants to know how to get bigger and how to stay that way. Mostly this question focuses on their upper body (arms). I was thinking about this after lifting the other day and decided to look up different workout routines and see what kind of variety I could find. When reading up on workout programs I came across an arm workout in a men's fitness magazine and also happend to find it online as well. I'm not saying this method will work for everyone but I found it very intersting and it was worth a read.I also wondered how many people would actually try it after reading up on it. I ask the question on who would try it becuase when most men go to the gym to work on their arms, they go straight for the bulky dumbbells or load up the barbbell with massive amounts of weight. This workout uses bands and second timed reps. The workout consists of pushdowns and curls each exercise done one right after the other both 60 reps in 30 seconds. Like any normal workout the sets are minimal at first and increase with the weeks to follow.
        Most people who have tried the work out have had positive comments and feedback about the different resistance it puts on the arms. Of course there will be those who refuse to workout with bands out in public or in a gym but I for one can say I have tried this exercise and for people that get bored with lifting the same old weights and going through the same routines, you should deffinatly try this. Not only are the bands less bulky and safer what people tend to forget about working with bands is it is constant resistance no matter what stage you are in during the exercise. I love to work out and am always open to trying new things in the gym. If any would like to take it upon themselevs to try this out, please let me know what you think. Also if you have any different or interesting workouts you've come across I'd appriciate you sharing them with me. Like I said anything exercise that is fun, that works and strays away from the norm is a good way to stay into keeping yourself healthy.

http://www.mensfitness.com/fitness/strength_training/710

3 comments:

  1. A good theme to your blog and post. Be careful with references (mens fitness isn't academic) and try to figure out what you did with the font, as it is tough to read. Continue developing the blogspot, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For athletes I would agree the bands and repitition based exercises are definitely going to help out in strength while also maintaining flexibility. For people who are looking to bulk up however they will probably stick with heavy weights and barbells with low reps in order to achieve their goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I workout all the time and I wouldn't mind trying the bands. I am always looking for new techniques and this sounds good. I agree that people who are trying to bulk up, would just go straight to the heavy weights.

    ReplyDelete